Saturday, January 26, 2013

Peace

To start 2013 out right, I wanted to choose a word for the year. A word to live by everyday. This was something new to me. So, I took a couple of days to let the word come to me instead of searching for one. It was so obvious. It seemed like every time I looked around the word was there in my face, on paper, on TV, in church. The word was Peace. I have overcome so much in my life to find Peace. So it could only be Peace.


Miles






In the past week, I have read a lot of my friend's Facebook status updates, some with family members having passed, beloved pets passing and some who just asked for someone to say a prayer for them because they were going through a tough time. And I reflect on my word... Peace, praying that they will find Peace.

Miles
And today I am reminded again of the word Peace, because today is my brother Miles birthday. He would have been 33. Today, I don't feel sad, I feel blessed. I feel blessed because I was 'Carebear' to such a wonderful, loving brother for 28 years. I miss him...I miss him oh so much. But my heart is full of PeaceFor me, Miles is Peace. 



~Always Blessings, Never Losses~
My life is richer having had you in it

6 comments:

  1. He truly was a beautiful person, inside and out. Not a day goes by that I don't miss my best friend and brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a phenomenal person. We are so blessed to have known and loved him and to be loved by him.

      Delete
  2. Peace is a great word! Sorry for your loss Carrie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of my Liebster Award nominations! More info is in my blog, but meanwhile, here are the rules: Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves. They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to The rules are: They must then choose 11 special bloggers to tag & award with the Liebster award with less than 200 followers. These lucky bloggers must be told in a comment on their blog. Have fun!
    http://booksbowtiesandballsofyarn.blogspot.com/2013/02/an-unexpected-honour.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete